Around three years ago I cut dairy and egg out of my diet. The reason was that at the time I had pretty terrible skin, I had tried all the creams in the world to calm it down but then it hit me, what if it’s something I’m eating?
A trip to a dietitian a week later and it turned out that i was allergic to egg and dairy. Finally a solution ! So for the next year I completely cut out this food product out of my diet, and it worked my skin finally cleared up!
Though I’m not as strict on myself as I used to be. (I still use soya butter and rice milk but I do indulge on pizza and chocolate etc. quite often…. more then I should to be often! But what can I say, it’s my weakness!). I
During that long year I needed something to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies and changed it to suit my needs! So I present you lovely people with my recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies! Enjoy! 🙂
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 1/2 cup of self raising flour
1/2 mix of brown and white sugar ( I don’t know if there is any scientific explanation behind this but I find mixing the white and brown sugar together makes the cookies chewier ?!)
1 egg and 1 egg white (we’ll be using egg substitute for this)
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz soya butter
3 oz vegan chocolate
I was able to come across all the harder to find ingredients in my local health food shop 🙂
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C
2) Pour the sugar and flour into a mixing bowl
3) In a separate bowl melt the butter.
4) Then using the egg substitute put an equivalent of 1 egg and 1 egg white into the butter. The egg substitute is basically powder and water, on the back of the pack it will explain how to use it!
5) Add the vanilla extract to the butter and egg and mix altogether. Now pour the that into the dry mixture.
6) Mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
7) Cut the chocolate bars up, to how big or small you want them!
8) Add the chocolate to the mixture and once again mix everything together
9) Make round balls out of the dough and place on a baking tray ( keeping a space between everyone)
10) Bake in the oven for 25-30 min
If you want you can sprinkle them with some icing sugar! They also go great with a warm mug of tea !
Hope you enjoyed the blog and if you did manage to bake the cookies, let me know how they went! 🙂